I am a Research Assistant (post-doc) at Imperial College. The core of my research activity is Asymptotic Group Theory in particular I focus on representation zeta functions of groups. These are Dirichlet generating functions that encode the numbers of finite dimensional irreducible representation of a group arranged by dimension.
Analytic properties of the representation zeta function such as domain of convergence, meromorphic continuation or rationality correspond to arithmetic properties of the sequence they encode. For instance, the abscissa of convengence gives its rate of polynomial growth.
To compute and study representation zeta functions one typically employs a variety of tools, among these we find p-adic integrals, model theory, Lie theory and the theory of linear algebraic groups and affine group schemes.
- 10/2020 – present Teaching Fellow (fixed-term), Imperial College, London (UK)
- 10/2019 – 09/2020 Research Associate, Imperial College, London (UK)
- 04/2019 – 09/2019 Lecturer (fixed-term), University of Auckland, Auckland (NZ)
- 09/2018 – 12/2018 Visiting post-doc, Hausdorff Research Institute for Mathematics (HIM) Bonn (DE)
- 10/2016 – 08/2018 Post-doc fellow, KU Leuven (BE)